Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surprises

What a wonderful surprise I had in contacting Dennis at beingcancer.net. This is the kind of happy surprise that really uplifts and endears the heart. Thank you, Dennis.

Another surprise I had this week is that I wasn't able to get my Taxol as originally planned on Monday due to my liver being too distressed. Bummer! I am also on Avastin so I was given that as scheduled but it's really annoying when your body doesn't cooperate with what your mind is set to do. So, I'm also sleeping more this week and I don't know if that has to do with the Avastin, or my liver, or both. I live in sunny California and it's always an adjustment for me to wake up and find that I've fallen asleep and slept my whole day away. For someone who is used to getting a lot done, it's difficult to accept that rest is a good thing to do too. I have to remember that a lot of renewal gets done while we are sleeping, so hopefully, my liver is just getting a good dose of renewal.

Anyone else out there with their own liver issues that's keeping them from their treatment? I'd like to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment