Sunday, September 6, 2009

Well, the cancer is going down!

Well, well, well! Some very happy news to present today! My tumor marker test (CA-15) shows my tumor (blood) level is now @ 57!! This is a big deal because I started out at 263, and, the "normal" range is 0-31!! Yahooie oooie oooh!

This upcoming Friday I will be finding out a lot more because I also had a MRI done last week, that in conjunction w/my blood test results, I will get a better feeling about the whole picture. I still have 3 "subtle" lesions on my liver (levels of which have gone back up again but slightly), and the MRI has repeated the mottled multi-level changes in my bones, but that has been like that since I before I began treatment -- so we'll see what Dr. P has to say about it all. Will update on that after this Friday.

Also, really glad that I kept the couple classes I wanted to take. It's hard, they make me tired, but I am so inpired by the basic photography class! And, math is a necessary evil. One thing that isn't so good is that with being part time, and in California, the grants have gone way down! Makes it that much harder to make it at school (especially w/photography which is a more expensive class...good thing I don't have two art classes or it just wouldn't work out!)

Anyway, I love school; it takes my mind off everything except me trying to absorb & do my very best & move on towards that goal of a degree. I don't want to be the only one in my family without one. I had a very bad time when I should've been going to school when I was younger because I was blinded in many ways by my alcoholism/addictions and lack of faith/contact with God. Thank God I don't have that problem today, and I get to me more of me today-who I really am, and always wanted to be. I'm not quite where I want to be of course, but a step at a time, I will be there.

And, let me say again, how much I appreciate the friends and family that I have. I am so fortunate to have the people in my life today that I do. I have deep gratitude for everyone in my life. One thing about having cancer, for me, it has brought me new friends, closer to old friends, and dearer to my family/I appreciate my family that much more every day.

God is great! Life is good! No complaints here today.

With gratitude for all!

Elizabeth Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment