Monday, August 3, 2009

Halleluiah!

Halleluiah is my word for today! I am sitting in the chemo chair at this very moment, receiving Taxol, for the first time in three weeks. So, halleluiah, halleluiah, halleluiah!

My chemo nurse today is a wonderful woman named Phea (fee-ya). She did all my treatments six years ago; now it gets rotated between Phea and another nurse named Diane.
Phea and I always have little debates. About which vein she is allowed to use. This is one of the reasons I had gotten my port; which, by the way, is getting replaced this Thursday because somehow it turned itself backwards, and now, it doesn't work.

So Phea and I had one of our little discussions. I love Phea to death, she is kind and caring...but she is still a nurse with a needle. That scares me. You know, I gave blood for ten years in my twenties and I never was afraid of getting stuck. I am now! I guess going through so many nurses, when you are a person who has hidden, tiny veins, who have trouble finding your vein and poke you in all the wrong places-it gets to you. So, here's poor Phea, trying to do her job, and I'm telling her she can only use this one vein over here and that's that! I get so distressed that I cry, and I become shaky. She is so gentle though, I really had nothing to worry about. So I am not looking forward to Thursday because another nurse will come at me with another I.V. needle. That's why the port is a great help-it's a piece of cake getting the needle in through that; much easier than it is getting a vein in my arm. I recommend a port for anyone who has trouble with their veins being hard to find and difficult to access.

Back on track for now, thank goodness. My college classes start in two weeks and I will have to see how much the instructors will accommodate my chemo schedule. Otherwise, I'll have to be a half time student. I am a reciepient of a small scholarship, and I will attend that ceremony Friday morning of this week. I'll be wearing my wig for that event.

So I'm off to visualize the cancer getting popped/bursting/destroyed from this chemo. Burst, pop, destroy. The Taxol treatment is in town cancer, and is calling you out! Die, die, die and I will be alive and thrive.

Have a very blessed day!

With Gratitude for all -
Elizabeth Gregory, Cancer Warrior

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog! I know the "fun" it is from being a bad stick and being poked over and over in an attempt to find a good vein!

    Another Christian cancer survivor

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you can emote such a poweful approach in your fight against Breast Cancer. I just began my course of Tax yesterday....Good luck Peace & Blessings to you ..
    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete