Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time Goes On

Hi everyone! Wow! I haven't written anything since September 22! And why is that? I've been sick with various side illness during this whole time. I attached a link for any of you to see if needed, of one of the tougher illnesses I was/am still fighting off. That was a wretched disease, I tell you!! Disgusting and painful! And very serious/life threatening too.

I have learned that I have a high pain tolerance for my body with the onslaught of that disease. I had it for about 2 1/2 weeks (maybe 3) before I sought help (from the amount of pain, explosive cramping I was having). I should have sought help about a week and a half earlier than I did (when my bowel movements didn't look normal anymore). By the time I did, they almost had to hospitalize me! Moral? Get medical help in the beginning & don't wait! It could kill you if you wait.

I also had two more colds during that time; I'm still fighting a sinus infection. The side colds are a real bummer! Really hard with 2 kids to care for too.

So, that's my wisdom for today. I'm starting to feel better, but, here comes my daughter with a sore throat so we shall see.

Oh yeah! One other thing - I entered some of my art (1 painting & 1 photo) in an Art Contest locally on the central coast here; one I can win some cash if I place...will know this Sunday.

And lastly, my CA-15 went up slightly from 40 to 52. That's the wrong direction - we want it to go the other way (down to under 31). At first, I felt very alone, very, very disappointed, very angry and sad. I almost felt like, "that's it!, I'm actually dying!" Talk about a drama queen, a severe reaction to a small hurdle really. Then I decided to look at it as, "just a bubble of cancer cells bursting (cause that happens and that makes the #'s go up briefly). So, I changed my thoughts and perception. I could've chosen to let that defeat me, instead (after that first few days of wallowing), I chose to turn it into a positive. Everyone has a choice ike that every day, on anything. I'm still fighting my disease... How about you?

With Gratitude for All -
Elizabeth Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment